Tuesday 6 May 2014

Vessel sinks off caused crew missing!

Tuesday, May 6,2014
_
Vessel sinks off caused crew missing!


Nowadays, you might have heard about many situations of transitive disaster which lead to a large number of victims. The incident near Po Toi Island involved a cargo ship and a container vessel. At least 11 crew members have been reported missing after two ships collided off the coast of southern Hong Kong. Moreover, the mission was being co-ordinated by the Guangdong Maritime Rescue Co-ordination Centre and Hong Kong had also sent rescue boats and a helicopter to the area.

According to ‘ Crew missing after vessel sinks off Hong Kong ’ , all parts of the government officials make an effort to seek the alive victims so it’s the responsibility to think more carefully about the security of transitional system or the captains of this two vessels. Because we have to change or dislocate any goods around the world for every people in their own countries.

In this world, the transition is so important and there are many ways of communication such as plane, helicopter, train, car or boat. Vessel has become the common way to carry many containers or goods because it can carry anything which has much weight and the cost of it is much cheaper than plane. So how important the security of the vessel it is.

The disaster might cause many later problems which are both lives of the captain or crews and the lost profit and disadvantages. The economy will be affected and lose a lot of earnings. The rescued crew member was in hospital suffering minor injuries and who will support them and their families .

I think it’s a useful news because it can give me many lessons not to be panic in every accident  and force the companies to realize about the security of systems and make other more efficient policy in the future. Moreover, we must have the rescue team that is faster than now to save more people in any accidents and if this situation doesn’t occur, we won’t know our mistakes so we have to learn from this and live consciously in every time.
--------------________
Reference
Crew missing after vessel sinks off Hong Kong. (2014, May 6). BBC Asia Pacific News.  Retrieved May 6 , 2014 from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-27281121

5 comments:

  1. It reminds me of what is happening in Korea right now. Hopefully, this kind of accident will not happen over again. Furthermore, I do agree with you that a rescue team should do things fast in order to save as many lives as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard a lot of bad news from traveling by water. Also in my last trip, I paddled a kayak boat with my friend. With my careless, I did not wear a life jacket, the boat sank but a security guard helped me survive life. I can not imagine if no one saw, this is the big lesson to me.

    I think not only company could care about the security, but also everybody in that transport should concern this. Do not be careless, like my experience. It might decrease the accident and the number of victims more than one side does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree with you that the security of any transportation must have a perfect condition and we shouldn't be careless about our going because if we are careless or not intent to do something that save for my life, it will lead to the tragic tragedy that everyone doesn't want to be happened in their lives. So I want to show about some events that occured in our neighbour areas and I think this news is so scary and don't want this happening again in any other areas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How perfect is perfect? Should the law ban any form of transport that is not perfectly safe? I think that would mean that there was no transportation, because there is always some risk.

      In her comment below, Van writes about long-tailed boats, which seem dangerous and which I'm sure do have accidents. Should they therefore be banned? Should people stop using them to get to work?

      Perhaps a better example is motorcycles, especially motorcycle taxis, which are very dangerous. Should this dangerous form of transportation be made illegal because it is dangerous? Because they are definitely not perfectly safe, should we not use motorcycle taxis? (Actually, I choose not to use them, but I'm not sure that others should follow my personal choice in this matter.)

      Delete
  4. Have you ever been in long tailed boat? I feel like I'm in Fast and Furious movie. not to mention tourist boat, That's a tough one. It contains too much passengers. so I'm worried that In case of accident what will they do if there's not enough life jackets? I think everyone should know how to survive when the accident happens, that will help rescue team to rescue faster.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.