Thursday 1 May 2014

Van's academic interests

I have many academic interests. First of all,I'd like to say that I'm Communication arts student, so all the art skills are all academic for me. I like studying about jazz and classical music. Jazz and pop is my favorite music genre. I also practicing piano and singing because they're what I've studied since I was young. anyway, I still nearly failed in Music Appreciation class.

At these moment I'm interested in John Green's novel; The fault in our stars ,an abundance of Katherines. There're both love story and now I just started reading An Abundance of Katherines. Actually, I love reading and watching movie. 500 Days of Summer is one of my favourites. Summer is such an ideal girl which anyone will fall in love with. that's why I love her. Moreover, I like Roman Holiday.

7 comments:

  1. I'm afraid that music isn't one of my academic interests, although I used to play the flute and I did like learning about folk music many years ago.

    Actually, I don't often listen to music, and when I do these days, it's either classical or rock that I loved when I was in high school and university - those old songs by David Bowie, Queen and others take me back to that time and lots of happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you like John Green novel?, I also like his work but it is not a novel. I like to watch his videos teaching history on YouTube ; They are called "Crash Course World History" and "Crash Course US History"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The videos sound interesting. I've never heard of them. If I have time, I'll check them out on the weekend.

      Delete
  3. I want to hear you sing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww!! I love your first paragraph because I graduated from Communication Arts too. I think that Communication Arts students love music as well and they learn how to play music instrument or singing, do you agree with me?. Actually, there are many kind of jazz music such as Latin jazz, Acid jazz, Smooth jazz etc. My favorite jazz is smooth jazz, Latin jazz (especial Liza Ono). I'm glad that we have common interest. I like singing too haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaa Let's sing together ok? Now I'm interested in Swing jazz the most because my teacher said it's suitable with my voice. I love Norah Jones and Esperanza Spalding.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.