Monday 5 May 2014

World facing polio health emergency

 Children are really important to every nations because they are the future of the nations.Therefore, every children should be raised suitably and have good lives. Every state agencies should do everything to make it happen and try as hard as they can to handle with every crisis.

 According to "World facing polio health emergency" , there is a big crisis that need to be coped with which is the international spread of polio in many countries. Polio mainly affects children under fives years old. The virus leads to a lot of severe harm to children's healths such as, the invasion of the nervous system and causing paralysis in one in every two hundred infections. Moreover, it can also lead to death withing an hour. In my point of view, a co-ordinated international response is necessary  in order to stop this extraordinary severe situation. The virus can be transmitted through contaminated food and water. So, the agency should be very strict about the food and water given to the children. Even though it seems quite impossible to do so one hundred percent but it is definitely better than doing nothing to stop this ongoing health risk. In addition, every children should be vaccinated so as to be able to withstand the virus.

 Some people might think that when they face a hard situation and it seems completely out of reach to get over it, just let it go might be the best decision ever. However, I have a different attitude towards the above proposition. In my opinion, I think they should try as hard as they can to get over it. Therefore, I think every state agency should try their best to solve this problem and save the children.



Reference

7 comments:

  1. I like Ploy's response to her chosen article, but I also disagree.

    Why should government agencies be responsible for solving problems? Shouldn't parents, concerned community groups and others be responsible?

    For example, whose job is it to educate children? The government's or the community's or the parents? Why should governments force some people to pay for the education of other people's children?

    If parents, perhaps organizing into community groups, paid for their children's education, they would be able to hire good teachers, and get rid of bad teachers. They would be able to judge and demand good performance from the teachers. Do parents and community groups have the same control over their children's education when the government has all the power because it's paying using money taken from other people?

    And which sort of schools offer a better education: private or government?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i saw your post about polio , it remind me of a book i have read last year. Tuesdays With Morrie, written by Mitch Albom, is the name of the book, it is also the No.1 international bestseller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have never read this book, but i have seen a film version of "Tuesday with Morrie". I have been impressed by this movie, i believe that with the good content and the story book version is also a good medium like a film. however, with a long time since i have seen it, i'm not sure about relation between Tuesday with Morrie and polio disease. if i don't misunderstand, the disease that Morrie got is ALS, isn't it?

      Delete
    2. "Tuesdays with Morrie", I forgot this name for a while. Thank you for reminding me, I bought this book about a year ago. It's time I should finish it.

      Delete
  3. When I saw this article it's remind me of a my Polio vaccination when I way in kindergarten.When I was vaccinated teacher or the Heath-care Social Worker dropped something which tested bitter into my mouth.
    I feel better than other vaccination because it doesn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You remind me when I was a child, I am always a little scared when I saw people with white costume came into my school. They let us formed a line and then put something into each students' oral. At that time, I did not know much about polio vaccine, only thought that taste is not delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. me too. I don't like polio vaccine taste, but it is better than injection.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.