Thursday 29 May 2014

Is flossing teeth good way for dental care?

As I remenberd, I was reminded to brush my teeth 2 times a day because human have one set of teeth - they cannot be recovered again . My dentist suggested me to used a dental floss to my teeth for reducing any hidden pladge between my teeth.

According to Does Flossing your teeth prevent tooth decay?, this article says that, in some case, flossing teeth can lead to be risk of gum and tooth decay because some people use automatic flossing in a wrong way.

In my opinion, flossing is one way to clean up my teeth after using toothbrush. Normally, I also use it softy on my teeth to avoid to get my gum hurt. I believe that it can make my teeth more clean because I can get rid of any hidden plaque between my teeth, that can lead to inflamed gum and tooth decay. That is a way to check my teeth everyday, but I concern that it cannot protect my teeth certainly, so I still go to see a dentist for checking  every six month as well.

In the article that i read, it is found that some adults, who use flossing plus toothbrush, have damaged their gums, especially, some have used floss in a wrong way. As this point, I think that all people should concern about how to used it more suitable. However, I do not agree that it can be a main part of cleaning bacteria in a mouth, but it can be additional way to reduce a little waste on teeth.

Teeth are a part of organ that make people to be self-confident when they smile and talk to someone. In addition, to get healthy teeth can make you be happy for eating as well so, if you have any good maintainance for teeth, please kindly suggest me.  

________
Reference
Hammond C.(2014, May 27),Dose flossing your teeth prevent tooth decay?, BBC Future, retrieved May 29,2014 from http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140527-does-flossing-protect-your-teeth

4 comments:

  1. Not only automatic flossing, most tools if they are used in a wrong way can be harmful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a complete knowledge about the teeth, but I think it's a good way to clean your teeth by flossing in the right way and you should brush your teeth carefully. Moreover, you shouldn't ignore about your teeth's health because you have to use it for eating in everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very good way to prevent decay and gingivitis by flossing everyday. A lot of people think that flossing is just to eliminate pieces of food between your teeth, but its true purpose is to clean up the proximal surfaces of teeth, so you should pull floss back and forth before getting it out. And you have to do it gently.

    One of the factors that cause decay and gingivitis is bacteria. If you leave pieces of food in your mouth. It means that you intend to feed it, let it settle down on your teeth, and allow it too destroy your oral health. That's why you should floss your teeth; either before or after brushing is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you that the nice teeth give them self-confidence to do everything, and they also make people look good when they smile. I like to brush my teeth because I feel good when I think that my teeth is clean, so I will brush my teeth after eating every meals if I stay at home; however, I don't flossing.

    After I read Petch's comment above, I find something new. I always think that we use a dental floss just for eliminating a piece of food between my teeth, that's why I rarely use it. But, I don't know the true purpose of flossing that is very important. Maybe, It's time to take care of my teeth more than I did before.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.