Wednesday 11 June 2014

A's Academic Interests

I am interested in 2 kinds of subject during the period of academic studying.The first one is related to my PhD program, statistics, and the second is about how to improve my English skills.
Regarding the statistics, I have learned this kind of subject before and I think it is really important to my PhD degree. It is because I have to do the research and statistics is the crucial part of that. We can divided statistics into 2 parts - descriptive and inferential statistics. However, the part of statistics that I would like to focus on is the inferential statistics. That is because we use it very often in the research when we would like to test the hypothesis or estimate some statistical parameter. Moreover, the inferential statistics are not easy to clearly understand. We should take time reading and making clear about the terminology.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are coming to the right way as the inferential statistics is very important. And I also want to study more about it. Could you teach me sometime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I would like to do that if I finish reading my first statistics textbook. It is so good that you think the same as me because somebody I have known before said that they did not like statistics and it was boring for them too.

      Delete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.