Thursday 12 June 2014

Mook's Creative Process : Buying the camera


I am one of the person who have never interested in bringing cameras to take any photos when we go travelling. This maybe because when I take the photo, it does not turn out to look good. Together with the fact that I think everything happened will remain in my memory anyway. There is no need to replay to photo to recap the feeling.

However,my attitude was changed after a trip to Singapore last year. I found my inspiration to start taking the photo because of one friend. He always believes that the photo does not need to be very beautiful or perfect because when you take the photo, you did not capture the photo but rather the moments. I really like his idea. Then, I start to look out for my camera.

First, I brainstorm ideas of which type, which brand, and which model of camera that suits me. Then, I listed the types of camera such as Compaq, Mirror-less, and DSLR and the brand of Canon, Nikon, Fuji film, Samsung, Panasonic, and so forth. For the model, I listed 100D, XM1, and G16.

Then, I organize by crossing out some of the cameras that do not match with my preference of a small-sized, clear-colored photos, and a nice scenery view. I crossed out the Compaq G16 because eventhough it is in a small-sized, but the censor is not large enough.

After that I draft by choosing the ones that I like the most. I selected by comparing the advantages and disadvantages of the two remaining models. I also went to the Pantip or Youtube to find some user reviews. Then, I decide on the camera that matches with my preference. I choose XM1. This model is excellent in clear-colored photos with very simple function buttons to use. It is also small with only 300 grams.

After I have chosen the model, I need to review whether there are any functions that I think I did not feel comfortable. Fortunately, I am satisfied with my selected one. Therefore, I do not need to revise the model of my camera.

Lastly, I am ready to publish or buy the camera. After I bought it, I took it with me to go to another trip. I took several photos and I am really happy with the photos. I think I have made the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.