Thursday 12 June 2014

Chompoo's Creative Process: Cooking testy Thai curry

Cooking is my daily routine. My meals usually consist of stirred fired vegetable and omelette. Occasionally, when I have a lot of free time, I will create special food that challenge myself. Thai curry is one of them.

First of all, I brainstorm ideas about how to cook the curry. Sometime I need to do some research on the internet about how to cook curry that I am not familiar with. Then, I have to find out spices, vegetable and meat in my refrigerator. Are they match with the type of curry? And are they fresh enough to cook and do not cause diarrhea?

Organizing the ingredients is my second step. I slide meat and vegeble before separating them in two little bowls then estimate spices I will use to flavour my curry. Next, I put them in right order because some has to cook longer, some requires shorter time.

Then, I draft my curry by boiling water and put the spices in. I add meat when the water is fully boil. When the meat is already cooked, I put the vegetable in my curry and seasoning it with some salt, sugar and also the most important thing, monosodium glutamate.

After that I review my cooking by tasting my curry. Is it too salty or too sweet? Are there anything that I can add to improve it? If yes, make it better.

Next, I gently pour it in my favorite bowl. To decorate this curry, I put parsley and slided chilli on it and wipe out some curry that spill on bowl's side. Now, my food is ready for serving.

Finally, for publishing my curry, I call all of my family members to eat and praise my curry. This time will be wonderful family hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.