Wednesday 11 June 2014

Oat's Academic Interests

When I was a high school students, I was much interested in Chemistry. However, I decided not to pursue my undergraduate studies in the field of Science, because I was very bad at mathematics. How could I study more advanced level of Chemistry if my quantitative skills were not good enough. I thought that it had to be hard work. When I was an undergraduate students, I found that mathematics was not so hard. It seemed extremely difficult, because of Thai educational system and methods. Thai teachers always focus on how to find the right solution as quickly as students can and it never works, because we don't understand any mathematical theories. Fortunately, I had a chance to study two more advanced Chemistry courses in the University. In my opinion, Chemistry is much easier than Political Science or International Relations, since we can find the precise answers that most scientists accept. In the field of Social Science

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more about Thai mathematics' teaching system. Your opinion is deep, I love that. Have you ever studied Political Science? I studied Economics, I think it's on the same side. But in my opinion, Chemistry is a real difficult subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fact, I'd love to write about my present field of interest, but Peter said I had to write about my interest before I went to the university. Sure, I took an avalanche of political science courses, because I graduated from Faculty of Political Science. In my opinion, Economics is very hard, since you must occupied the ability to conduct both quantitative, and qualitative research. Much harder than Chemistry.

      Delete
  2. You're unlucky to have those type of Maths teachers. As for my case, I had hated Maths since junior high school, however a Maths teacher in my last two years in high school was fantastic. He not only made the subject easier for me, he also changed my attitude towards it.

    ReplyDelete

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.