Friday 13 June 2014

Paeng's Creative Process: getting ready to Yellowstone

'I love travelling' was simply what I could say about myself when someone asked me about thing I am attracted to. However, that was a rough answer and I always wanted to be more specific about my answer on where I would love to travel to. Luckily, this didn't take me so long to find out that I love travelling to national park. The story began two years ago when I went to the U.S. as an exchange student. During my semester there, I had a great chance to live and study with local American as well as international students. We usually spent our holiday together and there was one time that we planned a road trip to Yellowstone National Park. The following will show you how we did our fantastic trip!

First, we brainstorm ideas about the route and where we would like to visit during the way to Yellowstone. It was a long trip and we definitely needed to take a break. We had to list what we need for our trip ranging from food, proper clothes, medicine and type of car. We also shared the ideas about what we want to do in Yellowstone such as hiking, sightseeing or photographing animals. In addition, there were some people concerned about the grizzly bear in Yellowstone. As a result, many bad scenarios related to wild animals had been discussed among us as well. 

Secondly, since our group is big (around 20 people) we had to organize our people and stuffs. Each group had to design the amount of stuffs with theirs number of people. At this point, each group might want to organize its activities at Yellowstone as long as it fit to the schedule of the whole group. 

Thirdly, to draft our trip, each group assigned responsibilities and made sure that everyone knew about the details of the trip. After spreading the draft, each person will complete his/her job such as buying food, preparing medicine and printing the road route. We also required that everyone had to have a small piece of paper stating the schedule of the trip and contact person of each group. 

Then, everyone in the group reviewed the trip's schedule and checked stuffs needed. The funny part was that we even reviewed the strategy of what we have to do when we face the grizzly bear as well. No kidding. 

After that, everyone revised the schedule and made change if s/he would like to. Each group would also check the other groups' schedule in case the member might want to change anything or add or take out some stuffs. 

Last but not least, it's a time for publishing! We were more than ready to travel to Yellowstone! We put lots of effort on planning this trip and it's time to make it happen. And we did! We all had an awesome time in Yellowstone. I could say that the night sky there has paid everything off for me. It's really an experience of my life time.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.