Friday 13 June 2014

Job's Creative Process: Getting Fit

A: You know what, I think that people who regularly do exercise are very charming.
B: Why?
A: At least, they know how to love themselves.

I heard this conversation from my friends long time ago and it really hooked me. So I have started exercise since that time. I can say that if you also want to be fit and healthy, doing exercise is not only just going to gym or doing physical activities, but it also is a process that sometime need a bit more creativity. This process happens to me every week.

At the beginning of every week, I need to brainstorm about what exercises should be. There are four types of exercise - endurance, strength, balance and flexibility. What exercises I should do for each type? For endurance,  should it be running, swimming or biking. For strength, should it be weight lifting or body weight training. For balance, should it be heel-to-toe walk or Tai Chi. For flexibility, should it be shoulder and upper arm stretch or Yoga.

Next, I organise my plan for the week. Because resting is as important as exercising, our body need to rest and I do not have that much time to do workouts everyday. So which days are exercising days? Which days should be resting days? And what is the details for each of the decided days? For example, I need to do exercises four times a week. Then I will leave a break day between day two and day three. The example for this example would be working out on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Everything need to be balance. So at the first day, I do swimming. At the second day and the fourth day, I do weight lifting. And for the third day, I can do Tai Chi.

My drafting is to try following the plan for the whole week.

At the end of the week, I am going to review all the things that happened. What is my feeling? Does the plan work? If I like Tai Chi is not fit me anymore, then I can change it to Yoga in the following week.

Lastly, I need to follow the plan. It needs time, maybe a lot of time before I can have a publication. When I can smile at a mirror with pleasure, it means the time has come. So that I can enjoy my life more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before you click the blue "Publish" button for your first comment on a post, check ✔ the "Notify me" box. You want to know when your classmates contribute to a discussion you have joined.

A thoughtful response should normally mean writing for five to ten minutes. After you state your main idea, some details, explanation, examples or other follow up will help your readers.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.